Guest lecturer Christophe Van Mechelen on Maritime Supply Chains (April 28th 2017) – Maritime Insurance
On April 28th 2017, mr. Christophe Van Mechelen was invited to give a lecture on Maritime Insurance at C-MAT (Centre for Maritime & Air Transport Management – University of Antwerp) within the course “Maritime Supply Chains“.
The main content of the lecture was focused on maritime insurance, the implementation of SOLAS in Belgium and the difference between intermodal and multimodal transport.
Participants originated from Nigeria, Turkey, Morocco, Egypt, Singapore, Belgium, Italy, South Korea, …
Students who successfully complete the programme are granted the Master of Science in Maritime and Air Transport Management (name pending approval by the Flemish Government).
C-MAT, the Centre for Maritime & Air Transport Management, is a centre of the University of Antwerp’s Faculty of Applied Economics (FAE). FAE has a strong reputation for the high quality of its educational processes. All programmes are evaluated by NVAO, which is the official institution appointed to oversee programmes in Flanders and the Netherlands. Additionally, the Faculty is accredited by AACSB since 2005 and it was the first Faculty of Applied Economics in Flanders with international accreditations. All accreditations ensure the quality and expertise of all staff and programme-related procedures.
For more information about this course and future courses, please take a look at:
C-Mat Course (C-Mat Course)
C-Mat Brochure (Brochure)
Guest speakers 2017:
- Prof. Anming Zhang
- Vincent Valentine (UNCTAD’s Trade Facilitation Section)
- David Beeckx (Senior Trade Finance Manager – Global Trade Solutions, BNP Paribas Fortis)
- Prof. Thierry Vanelslander (University of Antwerp)
- Mr. Dennie Lockefeer (Van Moer Groep)
- Dr. Bart Kuipers (Senior research manager port economics at Erasmus University Rotterdam)
- Prof. Francis Rome (Director external relations Flanders Institute for Logistics)
- Dr. Robert Hekkenberg (Delft University of Technology Faculty of Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering)
- Marc Verelst (Supply Chain Research & Innovation at Procter & Gamble)
- Geert Pauwels (CEO SNCB Logistics)
- Marc Beerlandt (MSC Belgium)
- Benny Smith (Ninatrans)
- Luc De Clerck (Avantida)
- Mr. Christophe Van Mechelen